Chemical compounds for finishing operations (liquid or powder) are used with water to enhance the action of media for burnishing , deburring and descaling in mass finishing. Many different formulations of these compounds are available. They are particularly useful for:
- Removing tarnish or scale
- Controlling part color
- Providing lubricity to cushion parts
- Preventing corrosion
Parts are typically washed prior to painting or coating, as a final step after metal fabrication, stamping and assembly, and to wash off machine oils. Many maintenance operations use parts cleaning to remove grease, oils and other solids from tools, equipment and parts. We stock washing compounds for:
- Aqueous washing - water based compounds for ultrasonic, spray/immersion washers
- Non-Aqueous washing – solvents for vapor degreasers
Wastewater from finishing operations typically requires treatment prior to disposal. Such treatment is frequently required by regulation to meet local and regional water quality standards. Treatment can also allow water to be re-circulated reducing consumption and saving cost. Chemicals for wastewater treatment fall into two main categories:
- Floculants (liquid and powder) which bind particulates and remove some heavy metals.
- pH adjusters
- Contact us for more information about how to safely and effectively dispose of wastewater from your finishing operations.
Contact us for more information about how to safely and effectively dispose of wastewater from your finishing operations.